Create and sell your self-guided tours for free from the comfort of your home with Built Story. All you need is a desktop or laptop computer and your personal knowledge to get started!
Tour Creators are the only members of the Built Story marketplace that can create a tour. These tours are free to build and sell on the Built Story app.
In this article, we will review how to create a tour through the Creator Dashboard. For information on editing an existing tour, click here.
Please note that at the moment, tours can only be created from a desktop computer and not a mobile device.
To create your tour, simply follow the steps below.
1. Sign in to your account.
Sign into your account using a desktop computer. If you do not have an account, you can create one here.
2. Click on Create Tour.
Once logged in, you will be directed to your Creator Dashboard. From there, select Create Tour on the top right corner of the screen, or Create New Tour at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar. Both of these buttons will lead to the same tour-creation page, so feel free to use either one.
3. Enter tour details.
- Enter your tour title.
- Select from the following age ranges: Preschool, Elementary, Teen, and Adult.
- Select between the following travel modes: Walking, Bicycle, and Car.
- Choose from a wide range of tour categories. For more information on the available categories, click here.
- Enter tour description.
4. Add tour photo.This will be the main photo that will appear when tour takers see your tour. To upload, click on Upload Photo.
- Drag your desired photo onto the Upload Photo square, or click on the purple cloud to choose from your files.
- Once you've selected your image, click on Done to move to the next step.
- Review your main tour details and click Next.
5. Add tour stops.
Be sure to include an address, description, and supporting media such as photos, video, or audio clips to each stop.
Each tour stop must be completed in its entirety before you can begin creating the next stop.
- After clicking Next on your tour details page, you will have the opportunity to create your first stop. To do this, click on the plus sign next to Add First Stop.
- Enter your tour details, including stop title, street address, and tour description.
- Next, select the media (photo, video, or audio) that you would like to include for this stop. Please note that you can include more than one item per stop. For this, follow the upload directions on step 4.
- Once you've added your first media piece, you can choose to add a secondary item of the same media type or click on Done to continue.
- After clicking Done, you will have the option to add a second media type. For example, if you added photos initially, now you will be given the option to add videos and/or audio. Once done, click on Preview to review your stop.
- Once you've reviewed your stop, click on Next to create your next stop.
- Repeat all of Step 5 until all tour stops have been created.
- After completing each of your stops, you will have the chance to review your complete tour details to ensure that all of the information has been entered correctly. Review your details, and click Publish.